Software Quality Assurance
ROS-Industrial currently incorporates software engineering best practices such as continuous integration, unit testing and code reviews. ROSIN will review such existing processes to further consolidate and extend them with new methods and process-supporting tools.
The following points are part of this quality assurance process:
Better structuring of the development process
Tooling supporting QA processes.
Quality assessment strategy.
Use start-of-the-art and novel test-based validation.
Automate unit tests generation.
Exploit model-in-the-loop testing.
Code scanning techniques
Adopting existing state-of-the-art code scanning analysis.
Develop ROS-specific code scanning techniques.
Evaluating symbolic execution and fuzzing on specific components.
Exploit opportunities to perform code generation for “boiler-plate” code.
Use of models to specify environments for testing and variability management.
- Quality Assurance Process and Community Management in ROS
- Rosinstall generator time machine
- Improved Continuous Integration badge
- ROS package generator (cooming soon)
- ROS fuzzer (cooming soon)
- History-based analyser/"Lintier" for ROS packages (cooming soon)