ROSCon 2019 is a chance for ROS developers of all levels, beginner to expert, to spend an extraordinary two days learning from and networking with the ROS community. Get tips and tricks from experts and meet and share ideas with fellow developers.
ROSCon is a developers conference, in the model of PyCon and BoostCon. Following the success of the past six annual ROSCons, this year’s ROSCon will be held in Macau. Similar to previous years, the two-day program will comprise technical talks and tutorials that will introduce you to new tools and libraries, as well as teach you more about the ones you already know. The bulk of the program will be 10-30 minute presentations (some may be longer or shorter).
Two talks based on the results of ROSIN will be given at ROSCon 2019 in Macau on November 1st (day 2).
- At 10:10 listen to “ROS bugs later: Where do we go from here?” — a reflection based on the analysis of past bugs in the ROS platform. What kinds of bugs do programmers encounter when developing ROS applications? Are those bugs unique to ROS? What can we do to avoid them?
- At 16:20, Andrzej Wasowski (ITU) will present RxROS: a thin reactive programming layer for ROS that allows to program nodes without callbacks and locks. This eliminates bugs like deadlocks and races by design.
Further talks also highlight ROS-Industrial such as on
- Day 1, October 31st, at 14:20 a talk by Levi Armstrong, Chris Lewis (Southwest Research Institute and ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas ) on Industrial Manufacturing Automation Leveraging ROS
- Day 2, November 1st, at 14:10 a talk by Dejanira Araiza-Illan (ROS-Industrial Consortium Asia Pacific) on PackML2: State Machine Based System Programming, Monitoring and Control in ROS2
- Day 2, November 1st, at 15:10 a talk by Christian Henkel (Pilz GmbH & Co. KG and ROS-Industrial member) on Safety Certified ROS-native Industrial Manipulator