A couple of academic and industrial partners from South-West of France are organizing mobile ROS-I training sessions in different cities: Bordeaux, Limoges, Perpignan so far, in the context of a ROSIN EP project.
These trainings are 5-days session covering needs for industrial and service robotics and mixing engineers in business as well as students, all beginners with ROS and ROS-I. The schedule:
- Day 1: Introduction to ROS Melodic, basic concepts and Turtlebot assembly
- Day 2: Navigate with a mobile robot (Turtlebot 3 with the navigation stack)
- Day 3: Manipulate with an articulated arm (Rethink Robotics Sawyer with MoveIt)
- Day 4: Perceive the environment from cameras (Computer vision with PyTorch and OpenCV)
- Day 5: Integrate vision and both robots in order to solve an industry-inspired puzzle (Final boss)
The first 2 sessions are planned in Bordeaux in January 2020
Checkout dates, register now or learn more
New editions in new cities will occur in the next months. If your French university or engineering school is interested in hosting a future edition, please contact us at contact[@]ros4.pro.
For those needing to go further with ROS-I in France, our partner RIO in Toulouse hosts the advanced level.