Only 8 weeks until next (and maybe last) FTP cut-off date: September 13, 2019July 19, 2019
Two talks based on the results of ROSIN will be given at ROSCon 2019 in Macau on November 1st (day 2).
- At 10:10 listen to “ROS bugs later: Where do we go from here?” — a reflection based on the analysis of past bugs in the ROS platform. What kinds of bugs do programmers encounter when developing ROS applications? Are those bugs unique to ROS? What can we do to avoid them?
- At 16:20, Andrzej Wasowski (ITU) will present RxROS: a thin reactive programming layer for ROS that allows to program nodes without callbacks and locks. This eliminates bugs like deadlocks and races by design.
Further talks also highlight ROS-Industrial such as on
- Day 1, October 31st, at 14:20 a talk by Levi Armstrong, Chris Lewis (Southwest Research Institute and ROS-Industrial Consortium Americas ) on Industrial Manufacturing Automation Leveraging ROS
- Day 2, November 1st, at 14:10 a talk by Dejanira Araiza-Illan (ROS-Industrial Consortium Asia Pacific) on PackML2: State Machine Based System Programming, Monitoring and Control in ROS2
- Day 2, November 1st, at 15:10 a talk by Christian Henkel (Pilz GmbH & Co. KG and ROS-Industrial member) on Safety Certified ROS-native Industrial Manipulator